NDTOA Strategic Plan
This Strategic Plan has been adopted by the NDTOA Board of Directors.
2023-2025 Strategic Plan
MISSION - To lead, unify, advance, and protect the interests of North Dakota’s townships, and to empower township oﬃcers to lead in their respective communities.
VISION: To be the resource of choice and voice for North Dakota townships and township issues.
Strategic Goal #1
STRENGTHEN THE INFLUENCE OF THE ASSOCIATION THROUGH THOUGHTFUL ADVOCACY AND PUBLIC POLICY
- Develop a multi-session, proactive policy agenda, and program focused on pro-township policies.
- Develop a multi-tiered advocacy plan for policy positions.
- Strengthen advocacy through stakeholder partnerships.
- Execute a “Township Officer’s Day” at the State Capitol during Legislative Sessions
Strategic Goal #2
DEVELOP COMPELLING PROGRAMS AND SERVICES TO ENGAGE MEMBERS AND SERVE MEMBER NEEDS
- Develop an assertive, proactive member retention program.
- Utilize efficient communication strategies to keep members engaged and informed.
- Redesign the website as “the township resource” for members, stakeholders, and policymakers.
Strategic Goal #3
STRUCTURE THE ASSOCIATION FOR SUCCESS THROUGH ORGANIZATIONAL EXCELLENCE
- Develop a Board of Directors manual.
- Review committee structure and roles.
- Embark on a two-year effort to diversify and strengthen association revenues.
- Update the Bylaws and the Policies and Procedures manuals
2023 TOWNSHIP LEGISLATIVE WINS
- Increased township officer’s pay rate
- Won the ability to hold the township annual meeting on any day in March
- Increased township special road fund limits
- Cleared the way for townships to hold the equalization meeting on any day of April.
- Helped pass emergency snow removal funding
- Passed ‘flexible transportation funding’ for township infrastructure grants
- Passed Legacy Fund special township grant funding
- Defended against legislation that would have added more burdensome requirements.
- Executed first “Township Officers Day” at the Capitol
- Uphold the principle that strong local leadership is the best level of government in our democracy.
- Provide Members with superior training and resource services
- Be a relentless advocate for township governments and township officers at the local, state, and national level
- Build and maintain strong alliances with other organizations to support and defend the township form of government
- Use technology to improve service to Members and make ourselves more productive
- Be diligent financial stewards for the organization by spending wisely, looking for longer-term benefits and solutions, and charging a fair price for services
- Keeping our day-to-day work focused on the strategic plan, goals, and objectives of the organization
- Continually working to improve the influence and impact of the NDTOA for the benefit of our Members